July 21, 2011
Choosing the right style and size of footwear can go a long way to keeping your feet healthy and comfortable. Incorrect shoes or improperly fitting footwear can cause foot problems, pain and discomfort.
When you shop for shoes, it’s important to select the right shoe for the job you intend to do. Running shoes are made differently than soccer cleats, which are in turn different from casual wear shoes. A trusted podiatrist from Ankle & Foot Care Centers can consult with you about the type of shoe you need and make recommendations based upon your individual case.
There are a number of things to keep in mind as you shop for shoes which can help ensure you purchase the correct pair:
- Try on shoes before you buy them to ensure they fit properly.
- Measure your feet occasionally, as the feet spread and increase in size over time. Don’t assume you wear one size simply because you always have.
- Shop for shoes in the later afternoon, when feet are at their largest.
- Look for shoes with roomy toe boxes to avoid cramping, but snug-fitting heels for support.
- If a shoe isn’t comfortable, don’t buy it! Uncomfortable shoes can cause a number of problems over time.
If you would like more information about the right shoes for you, please schedule an appointment today with a skilled podiatrist from Ankle & Foot Care Centers.